Lead Support Technician Position Summary
The role of the Lead Support Technician is to serve as the primary escalation point for resolution of client support issues, either resolving or qualifying problems for further escalation. The successful Lead Support Technician will work with clients and senior resources to troubleshoot complex issues and will assist Tier 1/2 technicians as needed. The Lead Support Technician will drive team collaboration and help coordinate resources on more complex issues.
- Initial point of escalation for all client issues
- Formally escalate issues to senior staff as needed to ensure the most efficient and expedient means to problem resolution
- Leads by example, setting and maintaining high standards for quality of work and communication
- Respond to monitoring of client infrastructure to resolve issues before downtime occurs
- Determine root causes on significant incidents and drive any identified action items to resolution
- Maintain a good understanding of all team processes and implement them appropriately
- Work within our ticketing system to create detailed work logs and technical documentation
- Provide input and feedback to the support team on the use and optimization of NOC network management applications/tools as well as NOC processes and procedures
- Keep the team up to date on important issues and information which will help improve team performance
- 3+ years of experience working in a technical support, help desk or IT support position required
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) Server Administrator or Enterprise Server Administrator a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Office 365, Outlook, CRM, RMM, web-based applications
- Experience with ConnectWise and LabTech (ConnectWise Automate) is a big plus
- Ability to troubleshoot networks and systems using monitoring/alert tools
- Familiarity with backup and BC/DR principles, issues, and solutions, including familiarity with image based backup systems (Storage Craft, Shadow Protect, Datto preferred)
- Knowledge of IT systems including servers, desktops, routers, switches and firewalls
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical language
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service, demonstrate professionalism while maintaining composure in stressful situations
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to evaluate and manage changes, understanding their impact to systems, business and users; Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
- Must be able to work well with stringent deadlines and possess good organizational skills
- Must be detail-oriented with a strong work ethic focused on providing a positive customer experience
- Ability to travel to customer site; valid driver’s license and vehicle ownership preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing, cabinets and fax machines. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at a desk, stand or walk; use hands to fingers, to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
If this sounds great to you, please submit your application by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to hear from you!
If you’re looking for a fun fast-paced internship where you will learn on-the-fly with our technical team please email email@example.com with the subject line: Internship.